Thanks to today's burn piles, champagne and good friends, I have discovered coconut oil and baking soda DIY scrub. This amazing little concoction will have your face and body feeling baby smooth in no time. Lets get rid of all the chemicals and continue this journey of self love.
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (Nutiva Organic Virgin)
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 2 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (Pelindaba Organic)
- 1 drop of Tea Tree Essential Oil (Garden Goddess Organic)
~Feel free to tweak it according to your skin sensitivity.
- Take about a teaspoon and massage gently on your face for about 30 seconds
- Rinse with warm water and a rag
You can also use this a body scrub! My whole body feels amazingly soft and smooth. I might have even used it to shave my legs… :) This is not the only benefit though.
- If you have problem skin like I do, this is supposed to help with acne. This little scrub has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the risk of break outs while balancing the skin’s pH.
- During the summer, keep a little of this mixture handy. It helps relieve the itching and burning from being sunburned.
- Baking soda and coconut are natural deodorizers and when combined, supposedly works like a charm. (I will have to put this to the test during one of my workouts.) Since it is an antibacterial agent, it helps kill the bacteria that causes body odor.
- Lavender has so many beneficial uses, but with this scrub, I added it because it helps heal breakouts and won't clog your pores.
- Tea tree oil also contains strong antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which have been proven to help with acne. Tea tree oil also helps lighten the scars from acne and balance the skin's natural oils.
I hope you give this a try and let me know your thoughts!